Monday 31 December 2012

2012-A Year in Review

So it's December 31st and 2012 is almost over, I thought I would look back at a the year that was 2012.

Event  in 2012
- Bluenose 10K - Halifax
- Ottawa Race Weekend 5K- Ottawa
- National Capital Triathlon Sprint Tri - Ottawa
- The Canadian Triathlon Try-a-Tri - Ottawa
- Army Run Half Marathon - Ottawa
- CIBC Run for the Cure 5K - Ottawa
- Beat Beethoven 8K - Ottawa
- Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon - Orlando FL

Next Race    
- Resolution Run 5K - Ottawa Dec 31, 2012

Best Moments of 2012
- Finishing my first triathlon, The Canadian Triathlon
- Finishing my first timed 10K, The Bluenose
- Finishing my first half marathon, Army Run
- Finishing first in my age group, Beat Beethoven

Worst Moments of 2012
- Getting a DNF on my sprint triathlon, National Capital Triathlon
- Getting injured 2 weeks before my first half marathon, Army Run

Most Inspirational Moment of 2012
- Seeing my Mom at the 20K mark of my first half marathon, I really needed the boost at that stage
- Running with the injured soldiers at the Army Run, I had no reason to complain, if they could do it, so could I
- Watching our friend Stephane compete in the Tremblant Ironman event.  I saw athletes of all shapes and sizes, pro's and age group athletes all participate and at that moment I know I too could do this one day

Best Run of 2012
- Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
My goal was to have fun and enjoy the run, time did not matter.  I had a great run, for the first time I actually felt like a runner. It was a fabulous event and I really enjoyed running through the Disney parks.

2013 Goals
- Goodlife Fitness Toronto Half  Marathon - to set a new personal best time
- National Capital Triathlon - complete my first Olympic Distance Triathlon
- Start training for my first marathon (Disney 2014)




So that was 2012.  I hope you had many memorable moments in 2012 and I look forward to sharing 2013 with you. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Incredible year! I really loved the most inspirational moments part :)

    ReplyDelete