Friday 20 June 2014

The Good, the Bad and the Beautiful

Hi
I'm back!  Its been a while I know, life has been CRAZY!!!!!  Anyway, I will try to do better in the future now that work is slowing down.  Anyway, where did I leave off, April seems like such a long time ago....

I have done a few races since April, I set a new 10K PB, biked in a 70K charity ride in the rain (yeah, that was fun), tanked on my half marathon and ran a 5K in a beautiful part of Nova Scotia.   After hitting all my goals and paces this year, I was due for a bad race and it came in spades Ottawa race weekend.  My half marathon was my" A" running race this spring and I had high hopes, instead I had one of my worst runs ever. I have to admit, it has shaken my confidence in my abilities but I have continued training and working towards my first triathlon of the season, 70.3 Mt Tremblant this Sunday.  



My training in May and June has been challenging due to work but I know I can do each part of Sunday's race, now I just have to put them together on the same day.  It will not be the race that I wanted but it will be a good baseline for my summer training towards 70.3 Muskoka in September.  The thing I am looking forward to this Sunday, is doing this race with Neale.  I know he is much faster then me and he will be spending lots of time waiting around for me but we are planning on finish this together.  Lots of things can happen on race day and things may not turnout the way we want it but fingers crossed I can make the bike cut off and we can finish together.  

Whatever happens Sunday, I am blessed, I am at peace and I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment